The Ghana Institute of Surveyors in partnership with the Licensed Surveyors Association of Ghana (LISAG), is strongly motivated to host the FIG Working Week Ghana 2021.
This Working Week; when hosted in Ghana would;
- Promote the profile of the surveying profession both naonally and internaonally;
- Create a plaorm for surveying professionals and experts in the industry to share
- To address different issues of global interests in relaon to the Sustainable
Development Goals, SDGs.
Although the theme for the Working Week 2021 would be chosen in collaboration with FIG administration, LISAG proposes;
- The Surveyor’s Role In Relation To The Sustainable Development Goals
- Surveying & The Sustainable Development Goals – Effects and Achievements In Retrospect
- Surveying & The Sustainable Development Goals – Current Challenges and Effective Future Interventions
- Assessing The Sustainable Development Goals – The Surveying Paradigm.
Amongst other benefits, the Working Week Ghana 2021 would stimulate stakeholder discussions on surveying career, its role and impact on national development as well as boost the visibility of the host LISAG and West Africa as a whole. Again, the surveying profession and brand would be consolidated and positioned strategically across the globe, thus enhancing its socio–economic landscape.
The Accra Internaonal Conference Centre (AICC), a centre of aenon for large scale naonal and internaonal conferences, business meengs and presgious social events has been selected as the proposed venue in Ghana to host the 2021 FIG Working Week Conference. The venue is located in the Chrisanborg Castle area in Osu, Accra and is closer to key locaons such as the Parliament House, Accra Sports Stadium and the Independence (Black Star Square) Square.
The AICC has hosted major conferences and summits by the United Naons (UN) organisaons such as the World Health Organisaon (WHO) as well as regional organisaons such as ECOWAS, among others.
Download the bid document for more details. Click on FIG BID 2017 to download.